RC. 497 339
WATER TREATMENT TECHNOLOGY AND CHEMICAL COMPANY (NIGERIA) LIMITED
Potable, Process & Waste Water Treatment Solutions
Franchise Program For 5 Gallon Water Bottling
Expression of Interest
The Company and Partners:
Water Treatment Technology & Chemical Co. Nigeria Ltd. (WATTCCON) is an independent third party partner in Nigeria, to GE Water & Process Technologies USA, a world leader in water and waste water treatment solutions. WATTCCON has the invitation of The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) to assist the ministry towards achieving its statutory mandate of providing access to safe water for Nigerians through sustainable partnerships and programs.
The WATERSHOP Concept:
The WATERSHOP will be a 5 gallon polycarbonate water bottling facility to be located in urban and semi-urban cities of Nigeria on commercial franchise basis with uniform branding. It will be jointly owned by WATTCCON and the franchisee and both will be compensated via a mutually agreed profit sharing ratio. Each WATERSHOP is expected to have its borehole, GE Water treatment system, produce and bottle 500-1000 Nos. of 5 gallon bottles with pristine quality water daily, for sale at between N250 – N450 per returnable bottle. Each Nigerian city shall have between 1 to 5 WATERSHOP 5-Gallon Bottling Franchises by 2013.
Towards this effort, WATTCCON hereby calls for expression of interest in its 100 WATERSHOPS program with GE Water & Process Technologies as equipment and technology Support Company for establishment in phases of 10 WATERSHOPS per project/EOI call.
The WATERSHOP Franchise Model:
· Qualified Franchisees to be empowered shall upon selection by WATTCCON, make available an approved 4-5 room WATERSHOP building and a functional borehole at site.
· WATTCCON shall provide all WATERSHOP management, marketing, production, franchise equipment and materials. These amongst others shall include:
Ø raw water storage tank
Ø GE Water treatment systems
Ø 5 gallon bottle rinse, fill and cap line
Ø treated water storage tanks
Ø office PC and internet connectivity system
Ø operations vans & tricycles
Ø diesel generator (13 KVA)
Ø office equipment
Ø branded stationery
· WATERSHOPS shall conform to the franchise rules regarding production, quality control procedures and methods, shop branding, sales and marketing. To this end, WATTCCON shall make available production, marketing, and management personnel.
· Each WATERSHOP shall produce 500-1000 Nos. of 5 gallon (20 Liters) returnable branded polycarbonate bottles of drinking water per day to be sold between N250 and N450 per bottle (liquid content only) to dealers and direct consumers respectively.
· The 5 gallon returnable bottles can be used with either electric dispensers or alternative dispensing options like manual/battery dispensing taps. Bottles shall be supplied centrally to WATERSHOPS on purchase and re-sale basis at about N1,000 only per bottle.
· The Net profit sharing ratio per shop shall be in the region of 20%-30% to Franchisee and 70%- 80% to WATTCCON.
· From approval of buildings and functional borehole, WATERSHOPS will be ready within 90 days for commencement of operations bearing NAFDAC approval.
Franchise Eligibility Criteria and Application Methods:
· Duly completed application form downloadable from www.wattccon.com/watershops
· Certificate of Business Incorporation
· Tax Clearance Certificate (Last 3 years or as applicable)
· VAT registration and evidence of remittance where applicable
· Company’s profile & particulars of directors
· Bank Reference Letter
· Resume of CEO and Executive Management
· Company Memorandum & Article of Association (MEMART)
All Submissions MUST be electronic in 2 sets of CD ROM or Memory Stick and sent by courier ONLY to:
The Project Coordinator
WATERSHOP Franchise, WATTCCON Chemical & Equipment Mktg Ltd,
4/5 Swimming Pool Road, P.O.Box 8808 (Kofar Gamji) Kaduna.
Submissions MUST reach the above address not later than 31st December, 2012.
Prospective Franchisees are welcome to visit the Kaduna WATERSHOP.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted via email and phone 2 weeks after the close of submission.